The Bridge Home

The Bridge Home

Friday, March 18, 2011

Pat Robertson and Allah

The other day while awaiting the start of another TV program I see the end of the 700 Club. Pat Robertson is asked a question about Allah and says that Allah is some other entity than the God of Christians and Jews. Some research on the cbn.com site reveals that Robertson's thinks that, “Allah was the moon god from Mecca.” Pat Robertson seems like an intelligent and educated man, but I find this to be really ignorant. To begin with God is not God's name, but is rather His job title. Robertson correctly points out that His name is Yahweh (sometimes Latinized to Jehovah) which translates to I Am that I Am. Allah is the Arabic word for god. So, if an Arabic speaking Christian is to refer to God, he says, “Allah.” Now, I am certain that the Christian, Muslim and Jewish views of God have some differences. Maybe they are all correct, for there is no other non-God entity that is able to completely contemplate the entire nature of Him. Since, Robertson is not as ignorant or stupid as he appears, I must assume that he is playing to his audience and their ignorance. I do not know which is more evil, intentional ignorance which the audience displays, or Robertson's manipulative display of ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment