The Bridge Home

The Bridge Home

Monday, July 26, 2010

War in Korea

The United States and South Korea are engaging in naval and air exercises in the vicinity of the Korean Peninsula. I worry that this is a provocation against North Korea. While I have no love for North Korea, I have concerns that we are being led to war with a nuclear armed adversary.

The media and government portray the recent sinking of the South Korean warship as a torpedo attack by the North, which always denies it. I think that the ship's sinking could be at the hands of either the South Koreans or the United States. This gives a pretext for war and these war games are the next step. This may not be the policy of the Obama administration, either, but the machinations of the Military Industrial Complex that sees war on the Korean peninsula to its advantage. I grant you that this is speculation, but I think these news reports need viewing though this prism.

No comments:

Post a Comment