The Bridge Home

The Bridge Home

Monday, October 25, 2010

Beasts of the East Out: ESPN Disappears.

Last Saturday I got off work in time to see the last few innings of the Giants-Phillies NLCS game before I was to leave for a late movie date. I saw the end of the game and some of the post contest hoopla. I was not able to see any highlights and since I missed the first part of the game I was looking forward to viewing them. I got home from the movie late and tuned in the Eastern SPorts Network (ESPN) and since this game had to be top sports story of the day, I figured excerpts would be shown again and again on the network. But, no! All I saw was college football footage. I got up the next day and low and behold all I saw was their NFL pre game show. No NLCS highlights to be found. If the Yankees and Phillies had won their respective championship series then ESPN would have been breaking into their football show with baseball highlights. Maybe if Brett Favre had somehow been the winning pitcher they may have mentioned it. They seem to be fascinated with this guy. The San Francisco Giants and Texas Rangers completed magnificent series championships over their eastern rivals and show fans in the east that they are not entitled to the World Series. ESPN did not recognize this and became irrelevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment